- Location: Bridlington, with regular travel to our Beverley Office
- Closing Date: Friday 14 May 2021 at 12:00 noon
- Date Posted: 28/04/2021
- Salary: £15,838
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours per week: 18.5 hours per week
- Interview Date: Thursday 20 May 2021. Please note this will be via Video call
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s largest local Citizens Advice delivering advice services to over 20,000 people a year.
The role: You will have the opportunity to manage the day to day delivery of an exceptional service to our local clients. With your team of paid staff and volunteers you will ensure high standards of client care and quality of advice, managing resources to ensure the service is accessible and responsive to the needs of the communities we serve. As a member of the operational management team you will be responsible for the achievement of contract targets and contribute to the wider development of our objectives and research and campaigns.
During the Coronavirus restrictions we are operating a reduced face to face service. The post holder will be required to support staff and volunteers who are delivering advice remotely.
You will have experience managing people (paid staff and/or volunteers) and a thorough understanding of customer service and advice delivery with a passion for providing excellence to our clients. In order to do this you will need:
- Skills and knowledge in respect of managing, supporting and supervising staff, including volunteers.
- The ability to provide professional advice supervision to paid and volunteer Advisers.
- A good understanding of the advice needs and challenges facing local communities, and a commitment to influencing social policy.
- A commitment to continuous improvement, achieving high quality, and proven ability of managing change
About us: Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding (CAH&ER) is an innovative and successful service which puts clients first and focuses on delivering high quality advice services via face to face, telephone and digital channels to over 20,000 people a year. We help people overcome their problems. Our advice is confidential, free and independent and covers a wide range to subjects including benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment, family and legal matters. We use the evidence of our clients’ experiences to campaign for change.
We are a local independent charity operating from four offices and extensive outreach sessions across the city of Hull and the East Riding. We employ approximately 90 staff supported by over 100 volunteers.
If you would like to apply for this post please read the Job Description and Personal Specification below, and use these to help you complete the application form on this page.
Please note CVs will not be accepted
Please ensure you read the details about Our Service and Application Guidance carefully, and return your completed application from to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that we are unable to consider applications received after the closing date and time. If you have any questions of technical problems please email our recruitment team at email@example.com however please note that it is only monitored during office hours.