- Location: Hull
- Closing Date: Monday 16 March 2021 at 12:00 noon
- Date Posted: 22/02/2021
- Salary: £36,222
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours per week: 37 hours per week
- Interview Date: TBC please note this will be via Video call
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the country’s largest local Citizens Advice delivering advice services to over 20,000 people a year.
The role: You will bring your experience of leading people and delivering services to the role, taking on strategic responsibility for the development and delivery of a range of high-quality specialist advice services and projects in response to the growing needs of our communities across Hull and the East Riding. Your commitment to high quality standards and excellent customer service will help us build on our established reputation, whilst continually seeking to innovate and improve. You will ensure we utilise our scarce resources effectively to achieve our ambitions for the people we serve. You’ll inspire confidence in those you work with, particularly our external stakeholders and two local authorities, and will work with the Chief Executive and senior management team to help shape the future of all our services.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced and resilient manager with:
• a track record of managing multiple services and projects
• significant experience of developing both new and existing services and leading service improvement
• experience of leading teams in a challenging environment and creating a culture that aspires to continual improvement and excellence in all we do.
• the proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, both orally and in writing
• a thorough understanding of poverty, the problems people face, and advice strategies; and the ability to translate this understanding to solutions for people.
• The ability to work across Hull and the East Riding and visit local services regularly
About us: Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding (CAH&ER) is an innovative and successful service which puts clients first and focuses on delivering high quality advice services via face to face, telephone and digital channels to over 20,000 people a year. We help people overcome their problems. Our advice is confidential, free and independent and covers a wide range to subjects including benefits, debt and money management, housing, employment, family and legal matters. We use the evidence of our clients’ experiences to campaign for change. We are a local independent charity operating from four offices and extensive outreach sessions across the city of Hull and the East Riding. We employ approximately 80 staff supported by over 100 volunteers.
Closing date is: Monday 16 March 2020 at 12:00 noon
If you would like to apply for this post please read the Job Description and Personal Specification below, and use these to help you complete the application form on this page.
Please ensure you read the details about Our Service and Application Guidance carefully, and return your completed application from to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be accepted
We regret that we are unable to consider applications received after the closing date and time. If you have any questions of technical problems please email our recruitment team at email@example.com however please note that it is only monitored during office hours.