Your knowledge and vision could help build the success of the area’s leading advice provider.
- Location: Meetings held in Hull, currently via video conferencing.
- Closing Date: Friday 2 October 2020 at 5pm
- Date Posted: Monday 17 September
- Role: Voluntary, Expenses paid
- Time Commitment: Quarterly Meetings, attendance at AGM and Occasional additional hours.
Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding (CAH&ER) is an innovative and successful local service which puts clients first and focuses on delivering high quality advice services. We help people overcome their problems.
In the last year we helped over 22,000 people with issues from debt to benefits advice, avoiding homelessness, to understanding their employment rights and coping with family breakdowns. Our advice makes a difference to individuals and communities. Last year we estimate we helped to saved Government and public services £5,545,484, and supported local residents to achieve almost £8 million of financial gains.
We are currently looking forward to the future and developing our services to meet the challenges the people of Hull and the East Riding will face over the next few years. Your ideas, skills and enthusiasm could make all the difference to how we achieve this.
We are seeking people with strategic vision, independent judgement and a willingness to give time and commitment to being a trustee.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with knowledge and experience in some of the following areas:
- the legal and advice sector
- developing strategies for increased financial sustainability in the third sector
- how technology and social media can support service delivery and promote the organisation
- A knowledge of/relationship with key stakeholders
- HR and managing people in fast changing times
- An understanding of the economic and social drivers of poverty in society and an ability and interest in supporting Hull and East Riding residents
This is a voluntary post. All reasonable expenses are reimburse
I decided to be a Trustee at Hull and East Riding Citizens Advice, as I wanted to give something back to my community as a volunteer; the Trustee role suited the time I had available to commit. I also feel it is important to my community that everyone had access to a free, high quality information and advice service regardless of their means.
If you would like to apply for this post please read the Information for Prospective Trustees below, and use this to help you complete the application form on this page. Please return your completed application from to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
If you have any questions or technical problems please email our recruitment team at email@example.com however please note that it is only monitored during office hours.
If you would like to discuss the role before returning the application form, please ring Lesley Thornley, Chief Executive on 01482 328990 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org