Customer Service and Reception Volunteer
Our customer service and reception volunteers make a difference in many different ways. From listening to a client and reassuring them that they have come to the right place for help. Working with our advisers and specialists to help our clients attend their appointments, fully prepared. To processing the information we receive onto our systems, enabling our staff and stakeholders to have an accurate understanding of the work we do.
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- welcome all clients and other visitors to the local Citizens Advice
- explain to the client how long they might be waiting and what will happen and give out a form for clients to fill in
- type up information from the client form onto a spreadsheet or database
- answer the telephone, reply to emails and post
- help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service
What’s in it for you?
- gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, IT skills and working in a team
- increase your employability
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good IT skills
- be calm under pressure
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a customer service volunteer / reception volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
If you have any questions about the role description please contact us: email@example.com
Simply follow this link