Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
How can you support Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding?
CAHER is looking to build strong, lasting relationships with local businesses in Hull and East Riding who may be able to offer support in the following ways:
- Corporate volunteering, e.g. helping us with promotional events
- Providing coaching/mentoring for CAHER staff by sharing your critical skills
- Employee fundraising e.g. holding a fundraising event for us
- Workplace giving by encouraging staff to donate via their salary
- Brand association / joint PR opportunities e.g. add your logo
- Opportunities to promote us at workplace events by hosting our CAHER promotional stand
Selling the Benefits of being a corporate partner
In return for your ongoing support, as a CAHER corporate partner will:
- Receive branded fundraising materials including cotton bags, posters, leaflets, pens, key rings, and notepads
- Receive a personalised Thank You letter each time a donation is made
- Gain social media exposure, and engagement with our Facebook and Twitter community
- Be able to use the CSR Logo on your website/social media pages
- Receive regular project updates and ongoing real-life case studies, so you can see the impact of your corporate
- Take part in joint PR and photo opportunities
- Undertake pre-arranged visits to the Hull and East Riding Citizens Advice offices and outreach projects to see our work in action
- Offer volunteering opportunities for your staff e.g. attending local promotional events to help promote CAHER and the services we offer
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the idea that a company should play a positive role in the community and consider the environmental and social impact of business decisions.
Hull and East Riding Citizens Advice – Making a Difference!
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing information, advice, casework and representation. We strive to reach people as early as possible, providing information and advice before problems develop, increasing knowledge and confidence to seek advice and tackle difficulties as they arise, and enabling them to help themselves rather than relying on our long-term support.
Routinely we support 24,323 people face to face, by phone, e-mail and web chat and opened 32,444 cases on their behalf. People sought our help on over 103,000 advice issues, and the top 6 issues were Benefits, Debt, Financial services and capability, Housing, Employment, Relationships and family.
CAHER achieved a total of £18,136,324 in income gain for clients, and it is estimated that over 20,600 clients benefited from improved health and management capacity. Our SROI figures for 20/21 show that for every £1 invested in our service, we generated the following:
- £3.54 in savings to government and financial services (fiscal benefits)
- £25.22 in more comprehensive economic and social benefits (public value)
- £13.94 in monetary value to the people we help (specific outcomes to individuals)
How can you help us make a difference?
Citizens Advice Hull and East Riding (CAHER) is proud to introduce you to its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy for the business community.
If you are a local or national company looking to offer support to a well-established local, independent charity; either by donating some time to mentor our staff, corporate volunteer days, holding some fundraising events or by nominating us as your charity of the year; then we would love to work with you.
How this can help us?
Every year thousands of people come to us for advice and help with solving their problems. 77% of the people we help say they would not have been able to solve their issues without our support. As a small, independent charity, we are constantly seeking new funding streams and local support to maintain the essential services we provide.
Interested in Working with us:
If you would like further information about our CSR opportunities or would like to speak to a member of our team, please contact us, in writing:
Tracy Wharvell CEO
Citizens Advice Hull and East Ridings
The Wilson Centre